Ep 064: 5 Top Holiday Let | Vacation Rental Insurance Providers
Protect Your Property Investment – Holiday Home Insurance
Protecting you and your Property Investment are essential parts of owning and running your own Holiday Let Business – and it’s essential that you have the correct cover. Holiday Let Insurance is specialised insurance – there to ensure a range of scenarios are covered, specific to the needs of a Home that runs as a business.
In today’s episode I share 5 Insurers that are well known for what they do, have great feedback and cover homes around the world. Each insurer has their own set of locations, property types, inclusions, exclusions and terms and conditions unique to them. Each should be thoroughly researched for suitability to your particular circumstances.
When you’re looking for reviews and researching the best company for you – look out for feedback specific to the claims process as this is where an Insurance company can really set themselves apart.
What to look for in Holiday Let Insurance:
- Ensure you have cover for the buildings insurance that includes cover loss or damage from hazards such as fire, lightning, flood and water damage. Look for cover that includes your contents covered as the Holiday let owner.
- Make sure you’re covered against accidental damage and breakages by the owner, guests and pets – make sure malicious damage is included too – you just never know.
- Make sure you have Public liability insurance, which covers you against accidents or injury to guests at your property.
- Make sure theft is included – including theft by guests.
- A big one here – make sure loss of rental income and alternative accommodation costs are included!
- If you have people who visit and work at your property include employers’ liability insurance too. This could include people such as a cleaner or gardener.
Which Holiday Let Insurance Should I Choose?
Here are the 5 I talk about the the podcast – follow the link to each companies website and start asking questions for your circumstances from there!
- Schofields Holiday Home Insurance. Listen to the episode with Phil Schofields here – episode 002
- Boshers Holiday Home Insurance.
- VRMA – Vacation Rental Managers Association
- Rental Guardian
Who do you currently Insure with – let us know your experiences by leaving a comment below!